- 1 (32oz.) Bag Frozen Tater Tots
- 2 (8oz. each) Packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup (8oz.) of Sour Cream
- 6 Cups Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 3 (3oz. each) Bags of Bacon Bits
- 6-8 Medium Sized Jalapeños
- 2/3 Cup Green Onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Evenly spread bag of tater tots across a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. This will be your first layer.
- Chop 2/3 of a cup of jalapeños and make sure to remove the seeds. There will be jalapeños left over.
- Chop up the green onions and put 1/3 of a cup aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, 2 (3oz. each) bags of bacon bits, 2/3 cup of jalapeños and 1/3 cup of green onion and mix them together. This will be your cream spread.
- After the tater tots are done cooking take the cream spread and evenly spread it over the tater tots to create your second layer.
- Next spread the Mexican Style Shredded Cheese across the top making the third layer.
- Now spread the 1 (3oz.) bag of bacon bits and the 1/3 cup of green onions over the cheese evenly. This will make the fourth layer.
- Cut slices of the left over jalapeño and lay them down over the top.
- Put the dish back in the oven for 20 minutes
For more heat to this dish add chopped pickled jalapeños and add the juice to the cream spread. Also, you can add pickled jalapeños on the very top of the casserole. For less spice reduce the jalapeños from 1/2 to 1/3 of a cup in the cream spread and do not add them to the top.